If you are lucky to have a tablet for your classroom there are some great educational games that you can use in your classroom.
1. Rocket Math: this game costs less than a dollar and has a bunch of different number sources. This site will help make math fun and there are 56 different math quests to complete.
2. Playtime Theatre: This will allow children to design their own puppet and create a virtual puppet show. This can be used for literature and other lesson designs.
3. Toontastic: Children can make their own animations and uses them on Launchpad Toys.
4. Stack the States: This game will make learning about states fun. There are features that will help a child learn the name and the location of each state.
5. Montessori Crosswords: There are plenty of hands on activities to help with spelling skills.
6. Fish School: This is a site for young children and uses fish to teach the alphabet, numbers, colors, and shapes.
7. Khan Academy: There are a number of educational games that in many subjects. These games are fun yet challenging to kids of all ages.
8. Super Why: This site is made by PBS and is focused on reading and rhyming.
9. Oregon Trail: This classic game will teach a child the struggle of the Oregon Trail. This game has received update with new and cool graphics.
10. Mindsnacks: this game will teach language skills and will even teach a child a new language. There are games in English, French, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Korean, and Vietnamese.
11. PLATO Achieve: This game uses the Common Core Standards and there are a number of interactive education games in subjects including math and language arts.